In a few weeks, Amora Game will be releasing Art of War campaign setting. An anime martial arts inspired fantasy setting that is compatible with both Deluxe and Adventure edition of the Savage Worlds core rules. Amora Game looks to continue expanding the world of the San Empire through a series of small pdf releases, commonly called “one-sheets”. Amora Game has the intentions to release 36 one-sheets covering topics ranging from new Species, encounters, organizations, continuous adventures and world details.
In order to meet this hefty goal, Amora Game is looking to contract interested freelancers over the next couple of months starting the day after the publication release of Art of War. The company is look for fresh idea pitches to flesh out the world. They are also looking for writers willing to take on pre-outlined assignments. Amora Game looks to work with both established and new freelancers to accomplish this task.
Amora Game considers this a pre “open call for submissions” for material to build the Art of War product line.
“Company” refers to Amora Game.
“Author” refers to freelance writer.
- Must have access to the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition “#SWADE” core rules. https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-worlds-adventure-edition-core-rules-pdf-swade/
- Submissions must follow closely to the Savage Worlds industry standard: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/261864/Savage-Worlds-Adventures-Guild-Style-Guide
- Must be of moral and ethical character and standing.
- Knowledge of some of one or both Chinese and Japanese folklore.
- Must be able to meet a contractually assigned deadline of assignment negotiated date between Author and Company.
- Must be able to provide communication to the Company, should an interference arise with a project or deadline. (We are all humans, we understand life, family, and more importantly self-care comes first.)
- Perform revisions necessary to complete the assignment to the satisfactory elements and flavor for Art of War, and Company.
- Understand and agree to follow Nondisclosure Agreements.
- Ability to write in active and present tense.
- Be Creative.
Project Length: Each one-sheet accepted pitch or assignment will consist of a minimum of a 2,700 word count and a maximum 3,000 word count.
Pay Rate: $50 for each 3,000 completed word count, finalized and accepted by Amora Game. Paid upon completion of assignment.
(Verbiage note: Meaning if a completed assignment fails to meet expectation, final assignments can be rejected and assignment canceled. Amora Game will hold no claim to the material rejected. Writers can then deduct the established IP and are free to do what they wish with their material; ie publish through SWAG. Additional Note: Amora Game has only every rejected one assignment that was not up to standard and submitted past contractual deadline. We have been known to reject pitches, but have offered suggestions and revisions needed to pitches before it could be accepted.)
Submissions: AmoraGame @ G mail
The below list will be updated as time goes by signifying assignments and or accepted submissions.
One-Sheets that have been assigned:
The Magnificent Heroes
Was that Monkey?
One-sheets that have outlines needing assignments:
Hot Springs Retreat
Ogre of the Cherry Tree
Haunting of Frost Hill Sanctuary
Rise of the Wu
The Forgotten Terracotta
Silk Butterfly Tournament